Tunbridge Wells – Traditional Church Wedding
From our earliest days to the present, couples have come to S. Barnabas’ for the Sacrament of Holy Matrimony. As a Sacrament, Christian marriage reflects the relationship between Christ and his Church. S. Barnabas is not only a beautiful venue for a traditional wedding in Tunbridge Wells, it is also the home to a community that values the importance of this Sacramental Ministry.
What is marriage?
Christian marriage – called Holy Matrimony – is:
• A life-long union between a man and a woman;
• Entered by a man and woman by making vows before God and the Church;
• Through which they receive the grace and blessing of God to help them fulfil their vows.
Who may get married at S. Barnabas’, Tunbridge Wells?
Although circumstances vary from couple to couple, the legal requirements to be married at S. Barnabas’ (should you both be eligible for marriage in the Church) are satisfied if you can show:-
That one of you:
• has at any time lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months OR
• was baptised in the parish concerned OR
• was prepared for confirmation in the parish OR
• has at any time regularly gone to normal church services in the parish church for a period of at least
6 months OR
That one of your parents, at any time after you were born:
• has lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months OR
• has regularly gone to normal church services in the parish church for a period of at least 6 months OR
That one of your parents or grandparents:
• was married in the parish
For further information go to www.yourchurchwedding.org
How to proceed?
The first step is to speak to the parish priest, Fr John Caster 01892 525656 or email us from our contacts page. He will discuss the details of Holy Matrimony with you, and hopefully a wedding can be arranged. We look forward to hearing from you.